Christmas Dessert Inspo Recipe!
To help inspire you all to get baking this Christmas, we've teamed up with a number of fabulous influencers to create some delicious Christmas dessert recipes using our Cake Angels products.
Tray bakes ring,
Are you listenin',
In the lane,
Snow is glistening.
A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland.
What a beautiful sight this chocolate orange festive tray bake is from Hayley! When it comes to decorating this bake, you can really get creative. In our eyes...the more sprinkles the better ;)
Follow Hayley on Instagram and her blog to check out her other scrumptious bakes.
TRAY BAKE INGREDIENTS
TRAY BAKE METHOD
1. Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 3 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts then set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the caster sugar and the butter until it's pale and fluffy, then add in the eggs and the dry ingredients and mix well before adding in the melted chocolate and the zest of two oranges.
4. Give everything a final mix and add in some milk a tablespoon at a time if the mixture is a little stiff, then bake for around 25-30 minutes.
1. In a large bowl or standing mixer, beat the butter until it becomes super light in colour and whippy, then start adding the icing sugar slowly and mix again until combined.
2. Your buttercream will need a splash of milk at this point to loosen it up slightly, however if you want an orange flavoured buttercream just juice your oranges that you zested previously and pop 2 tablespoons of the juice into the buttercream instead of the milk. This is also the time to add in the food colouring.
3. Pipe or spoon the buttercream on top of the tray bake, then decorate with Cake Angels Sprinkles, I opted for a mix of the Rainbow, Carnival and Blush sprinkles and also used the Winter Wonderland Royal Icing Decoration for a festive feel.
CHECK OUT THE PRODUCTS THAT WERE USED IN THIS RECIPE